Friday, November 6, 2009

Media Mover

When I took the quiz to determine what kind of media user I am, I found out:

[I am] a Media Mover, so [I] have a wide range of online and mobile habits, and [I am] bound to find or create an information nugget, such as a digital photo, and pass it on. These social exchanges are central to [my] use of information and communication technology. Cyberspace, as a path to personal productivity or an outlet for creativity, is less important to [me].


I somewhat agree with this description. I definitely tend to use technology for social purposes. My phone is often used for texting and Facebook. However, this does not paint a completely correct picture of the way I use technology. Most of the time that I am on the Internet, I am doing work other things having to do with school.

If I were to pick a different description I believe that I may fit better as a Roving Node. Although I have had a number of cell phones in the past, I never was reliant on my phone until I got my iPhone. This piece of technology completely changed my perspective. It allowed me to be more mobile and reliant on just my phone. So now besides my phone, and laptop, I rarely use other devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment